TrainingDog Training & Socialization Classes
Free Lifelong Training For Our Rescue Dogs
Weekly socialization and basic obedience training is offered to all adopters FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the dog, something no other group offers! This is made possible by a team of generous trainers who donate their time and sponsors who donate the space. Training is crucial for happy dogs and ensures that our adopted dogs remain in their happy households forever. A minimum of 4 free training sessions is required for all adopted dogs.
Non-CDR Dogs Can Participate Too!
Your dog doesn’t have to be a Chicagoland Dog Rescue alum to attend our training classes. We ask for a one time donation of $60 per dog for the first 6 classes. 100% of the training fee goes to rescuing more dogs! So not only are you getting a well trained dog, but you are helping other dogs as well!
After this, lifetime training is available for free. Additional donations are welcome but not required.
Call 847-259-6458 for more information. 100% of training fees are donated to Chicagoland Dog Rescue and goes toward rescuing more dogs.
- Registration is not required to attend our training classes.
- Observe the “2-Foot Rule” while entering, during and leaving training. Maintain a 2 foot distance between dogs at all times.
These guidelines will ensure the safety of both people and pets.
- All dogs must be on a 6 foot leather leash. Leashes will be available for purchase during class. No retractable leashes.
- All dogs must be on well-fitting collars or harnesses – though proper fitting training collars are required for adult dogs larger than 20 lbs and over 6 months. No pinch collars, please, unless instructed by one of the trainers. For puppies under 6 months, a regular collar, fitted appropriately.
- Puppies are required to have had their second set of vaccinations, a bordetella vaccine and a negative fecal test result.
- Handlers are required to wear closed toe and closed back shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.
If your dog is in need of an evaluation or special one-on-one training for specific problems, please contact us directly at 847-985-7384. We will set up an appointment to address your concerns.
Classes are held at the Medinah Park District Gymnasium
22W130 Thorndale Ave.
Entrance for Training –
Please enter off the North side of the building through the double glass doors closest to the ball field.
Please visit our events calendar for the full training schedule.