- This event has passed.
Adult Dog Training at Medinah
May 6, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 9, 2020
Free Lifelong Training For Our Rescue Dogs
Weekly socialization and basic obedience training is offered to all adopters FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the dog, something no other group offers! This is made possible by a team of generous trainers who donate their time and sponsors who donate the space. Training is crucial for happy dogs and ensures that our adopted dogs remain in their happy households forever. A minimum of 4 free training sessions is required for all adopted dogs.
ATTENTION: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Medinah Park District will be closed. Classes are consequently cancelled until after April 30th. Check back soon to see when our regular training schedule will resume.
Wednesday evening classes Start, April 1. 2020.
Puppy class, for puppies under 1 year: 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm.
Adult class for dogs 1 year and older: 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Sunday morning training: Will end May 17, 2020.
Sunday Class will resume on September 13, 2020.
***Starting May 20, 2020 training will only be held on Wednesday evenings through the summer.
Non-CDR Dogs Can Participate Too!
Didn’t adopt a dog from us? You can still come to training! 100% of the training fee goes to rescuing more dogs!! So not only are you getting a well-trained dog, but you are helping other dogs as well!
We ask for a one-time donation of $60 per dog for the first 6 classes. After this, lifetime training is available for free. Additional donations are welcome but not required.
Call 847-259-6458 for more information or your dog is in need of an evaluation or special one-on-one training for specific problems, please contact us directly at 847-985-7384. We will set up an appointment to address your concerns. 100% of training fees are donated to Chicagoland Dog Rescue and goes toward rescuing more dogs.
- Entrance to the gym is on the north side of the building.
Please do not enter through the front main entrance.
- Registration is not required to attend our training classes.
- Puppies must have had at least their second set of puppy vaccinations, a Bordetella vaccine and a negative fecal before attending class.
- No retractable leashes! Dogs coming to training should have a 6 ft leather leash (leashes are available to purchase at training). All dogs must be on well-fitting collars or harnesses – though proper fitting training collars are required for adult dogs larger than 20 lbs and over 6 months. No pinch collar, unless instructed by one of the trainers. For puppies under 6 months, a regular collar, fitted appropriately.
- Observe the “2-Foot Rule” while entering, during and leaving training. Maintain a 2-foot distance between dogs at all times.
- All handlers are required to wear gym shoes, or safe closed-toe/back shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.
- For other Safety Requirements please click here.
**These guidelines will ensure the safety of both people and pets.**